Great Lakes Educational Loan Services, Inc. is offering $2,500 scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students enrolling in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) programs. Up to 750 awards will be granted to qualified students from across the country.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be high school seniors or graduates or be current postsecondary undergraduates or graduate level students.
- Be United States citizens or permanent residents.
- Plan to enroll in full-time science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) undergraduate or graduate field of study at an accredited non-profit public or private two-year or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school in the United States for the entire 2014-2015 academic year.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Demonstrate financial need.
Only online applications via this website will be accepted. You, the student, are responsible for gathering and submitting all required information. This is a competitive program. Your application is evaluated on the information supplied; therefore, answer all applicable questions as completely as possible. Read and follow the instructions provided for each section of application.
Before registering, you may wish to gather the following information needed to submit your application:
- Parent or alternate contact’s telephone number and email address
- Your transcript of grades
- Work history
- School and community activities
- Short statement of your educational and career objectives
- Financial information from the most recently submitted tax return
The application must be one of the first 20,000 submitted electronically by 11:59 p.m. Central Time, April 5, 2014. Once 20,000 applications are submitted, the application period will be over. Note this may happen before the April 5 close date so apply early!
- April 5